Thursday, February 11, 2010
Floral Topiary Centerpiece--Tutorial
Topiary centerpiece makes beautiful gift for any occasion.
Topiary is a Latin word which means ornamentally shaped tree or plant.
Topiary plant can be made with real flowers, silk flowers, stocking flowers or even paper flowers.
I would like to share a tutorial to make this topiary centerpiece
1. Styrofoam ball ( I used 4 inches ball for this project)
2. Small Clay pot
3. 60 to 70 Silk flowers (small flowers looks better)
4. Floral Sponge or Plaster of paris
5. Moss grass or pebbles
6. Green Florist Tape
7. Dowel or Stick
8. Rhinestones- Pink and White
9. Acrylic paints – Green, White and Pink
10. Hot Glue gun or any strong adhesive
1. Paint your clay pot in shade of white and pink and let it dry completely.
2. Glue Rhinestones and let it dry.
3. Place floral form in the pot.
4. Cover Dowel with green florist tape.
5. Paint Styrofoam ball in green color and let it dry.
6. Start to glue flower from the top, and cover it completely with flowers except for base.
7. Add few leaves if you want.
8. Push dowel onto Styrofoam ball and secure it with hot glue.
9. Place dowel with Styrofoam ball in upright into floral sponge around centre and push it little then apply hot glue and let it dry completely.
10. Add moss grass or pebble at the base.
11. Add a ribbon or gift tag to decorate.
Thanks for Visiting.
Have a creative Day,