Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Table for Two - Joy of Jumbled Junk- Tutorial



Recycling or Upcycling as we call it, is finding reuses for old items, which is good for the environment and saves money but it also satisfy human creativity most.

Well this is miniature too, but not true to any scale but I guess close to 1/10 scale.



It all started with leftover spoons from my daughter's birthday party and old rusty soap pump holder,which I discovered in my junk box.

I would like to the share procedure to make this cute little table, it’s a quick and easy project I made this set with whatever junk i had and finished within 2 hours :)



Material Required

1. Plastic Spoons
2. Screws or toothpicks if you want
3. Lid Cover or a piece of cardboard
4. Base - i used soap pump holder, you can use thread spool or small tin or candle holder or anything you can imagine as table base, even toothpicks glued to the lid cover
5. Piece of Fabric for upholstery(Optional) I used a piece of old fuzzy Shawl
6. Aluminum wire (Optional)
7. Color of your choice
8. Candle
9. Glue of any kind, I prefer hot glue gun for quick fixes


Procedure

1. Light a candle and place or spoon over it and bend it in L shape, as soon as it starts to melt,then quickly place spoon in container of water, so it will stop melting instantly, please be very careful. If you are working with kids please skip melting and bending part, you can break or cut spoon around its neck and glue both parts in L shape position.



2. Glue four Screws to the Spoon to make its legs.

3. Add wire details, as desired.

4. Color it or stain it in wood finish, let it dry completely.

5. Hot glue a piece fabric to upholster seat cover and your chair is ready.

6. For table, paint the base in your choice of color, let it dry completely.

7. Glue a piece of fabric or paint the Lid Cover.

8. Glue base to the lid cover let it dry.

9. Display along with dollhouse miniature and enjoy.







That’s all for now Friends :)

Have a creative Day,

Shahana.

21 comments:

  1. Hey.......lovely blog.....love the theme!

    n adore the miniature furniture!!!!!

    soooooooooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are toooo good. innovative,god bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sahana,

    thank u so much for the tutorials.amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original. I would never have thought they were spoons. looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever!Thank you for sharing and bringing your hodgepodge to my party. I love seeing what you are up to. Hope to see you again.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever and original. It's darling! This reminded me of the doll furniture made from tin cans. I have one my Great Grandma made into a pin cushion and I display it in my living room.

    Great idea!

    Visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly amazing--love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative! It's adorable!
    Thanks for linking up to our first Anything Related Party! Hope to see you back next week!
    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cuuuuute idea- they turned out great!

    Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! So fun for a dollhouse. Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. I am going to show this to my sister- she loves making stuff like this.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!!!!! I'm here from FF! I'm excited to check your blog out! It looks amazing!!!!
    If you get a chance, head over to mine. we are helping a baby girl in China (who happens to be an orphan) to get a life saving heart surgery so that she can hopefully find a family!!!!
    Blessings on you!
    Shannon
    www.throwingourarmsopenwide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy FF!!
    What a creative site!!!
    I am now following you!
    Love to have you stop by my blog!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following from Friday Follow!! Stop by and do the same for us! Got some great giveaways going on!! Have a good weekend.

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from Friday Follow. I'm following you now! Hope you can stop by and follow me, too. :)

    http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/tweepoppets

    I have a couple great giveaways going on right now! One is for a $10 gift card to the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop, and the other is for a two-pack of Snappi diaper fasteners. I hope you'll enter! :)



    Wow, what a great idea! It turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks you all
    please keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete