An Ode To Summer - Seashell Display Box - Quick Mothers Day Gift Idea-Tutorial
This summer Seashells are making big comeback, accent decorating with seashells is one of the hottest trends.
(Image courtesy Pottery Barn)
Pottery Barn's latest catalogue is overflowing with seashell decorated accent pieces, these pieces are really cool except for the price tags,so i thought may be i should do something with seashells too, of course minus $$$. Seashell decor may be HOT for now but for me seashells are always fascinating objects, I spend hours in collecting and decorate stuff with seashells.
So the other day while shopping at Dollar Tree, I found this cute frame. I actually bought this for one of my Paper Quilling project but then decided to make some seashell decor, I simply could not resist charm of sea shells,so i made this seashell display box.
OK quickly moving to tutorial-
Supplies we need
• Small Shadow Box ($1 Dollar Tree)
• Polymer clay tiles (Click here to make your own)
• Flat white Spay paint
• Hot Glue Gun
• Masking Tape
• Mask Glass of the frame with a Paper and Masking Tape.
• Spray paint white and let it dry.
• Remove the masking from the Glass.
• Distress edges with little ink and Sandpaper.
• Pull apart the back of frame.
• Place accent polymer tile in center and fill rest of box with Seashell.
• Reseal box with hot glue gun.
• Glue other Polymer clay tiles.
• Just sit back and enjoy
This display box just cost me $1 and I was able to finish entire project within one hour, so even kids can try this with little adult supervision. It would make great Mother’s day Gift Idea.
Wow isn’t this box fabulous just cant stop admiring it :)